Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Joseph Lopez

Hello! My name is Joseph Lopez. It is important to understand the many different perspectives as to why the majority of comic book characters are predominantly white. Because of this, I am going to approach this view from a propaganda perspective. This topic is very interesting to me and I choose to pursue it because of the vast amount of propaganda used in comics at the beginning and during World War 2. Without propaganda, there probably wouldn’t have been a surge in volunteer rates for the military. Without propaganda, children wouldn’t have believed the Nazis were bad. Straight to the point, I should be trusted since I am familiar with the time period surrounding World War 2. I am passionate about this topic because it is important to know that even though comic characters were predominantly white, they were for specific justifications. People should care because comics are the entertainment to comic fans and children alike. It is important to understand this trend that has been happening for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment